Raising a Child in Singapore
Singapore has always been a popular choice for parents all over the globe to raise their children. The country is culturally diverse, boasts of a very good education system and is a clean, safe city. These characteristics are enough to put Singapore as the second best country in the world with the best environment for children. Singapore has a close knit, diverse community with families from several ethnic backgrounds. Such an environment is certainly beneficial for the physical as well as mental well-being of your child.
Listed below are some reasons why you should choose to raise a child in Singapore:
1. Singapore is a safe city. Families who have moved to Singapore from Australia or the United Kingdom have said that the security offered in Singapore puts them at ease as parents. This will be a most common concern among parents when raising a child anywhere.
2. Singapore has a higher quality of life than a lot of places around the world. You can avail your children to the best healthcare and facilities.
3. Singapore is one of the cleanest places in the world and this can positively affect the growth of your child.
4. Singapore has one of the best education systems, and annually we see a lot of parents moving to Singapore to give quality education to their children. Your children will be encouraged to participate in a lot of extracurricular and co-curricular activities, and thus will ensure that they have an all-round development.
5. In Singapore your children will be brought in a multi-cultured and multi-lingual environment. Their peers will be from different nationalities and your children will learn to get along with everyone. Additionally, most children that are brought up in Singapore are bilingual – they speak at least two languages.
6. There are several activities that your children can enjoy during their weekends in Singapore. They can help in their education, like science fairs, or they can be for leisure, like amusement parks and zoos. Either way, there are a whole range of fun activities to choose from, and as a parent, you can have a pick at them according to the needs of your child.
7. These days, in most households, both parents will have to work. Singapore has several safe and reliable facilities for daycare as well nannies to help you raise your children. There are several agencies that specifically cater to live-in nanny employments for expats.